Heritage House – previously the Springkell Sanatorium – was built in 1910 as a hospital to treat lung ailments from the miners and TB patients such as the artist Jean Welzt and the Venerable Edel Quinn, an Irish lay missionary of the Legion of Mary, and whose work was based in East and Central Africa.
The House has been renovated, restored and refurbished in line with the requirements of the Provincial Heritage Resources Authority of Gauteng (PHRAG), who have also guided the development in terms of the Heritage Buildings on the property. These are the 2 heritage cottages in the Firs (built as nurses quarters), the Pavilion – built in 1925 as a concert hall, The Oval, the Superintendents House, stables and dairy. The Heritage Buildings are noted by their red roofs.
Work has started on the first 4 of 21 suites on the top floor of Heritage House that has beautiful views from Kempton Park to Sandton. The suites can be furnished and will not have full kitchens.
View the floor plan below:
The studio/apartment suites are between 30 and 88 sqm ranging from:
- R 450 000 for 30sqm with a 20sqm patio
- R 1 500 000 for an 88sqm apartment with a 64sqm patio
The ground floor will also have suites that will be set out shortly.
Please contact Bryan Aling on 083 410 0094 further information